[vdr] Re: remote plugin too fast keyrepeats

On Monday 26 July 2004 16:57, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
>  > On Friday 23 July 2004 01:37, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
>  >
>  >> since I switched to kernel-dvb the key repeat is too fast,
>  >> often in menus when I want to give one "back", I get two.
>  >> Very unpractical. How can I change that? Reduce repeatfreq in remote.c??
>  >
>  > Imho you see the well-known keybdev problem.
>  > Please refer to http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr/FAQ
>  > The problem and possible solutions are discussed in section Q6.
>  >
> Q6: Keys are duplicated, i.e. pressing '1' switches to channel '11' or
> '111'.
> A6: Try this: Switch to a different virtual console.
>     If the problem disappeares, read on.
>
> What is meant by "Switch to a different virtual console"?
> Start vdr with -t /dev/ttyn or start remote plugin with -t /dev/ttyn?
> At the moment I use neither nor.

Virtual consoles can be selected by pressing Ctrl-ALT-F1, Ctrl-ALT-F2,
etc.

> I have kernel 2.6 and vdr-remote-0.3.1a, so if I understand right Q6
> doesn't apply? Wrong?

Yes, the patch should not be necessary in this case.

Hm, I tested the plugin with 2.6 and never had any problems.
There are some NPTL-related issues with vdr and kernel 2.6.
(See other threads, hint: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1).

The repeat rate should be the same with kernels 2.4 and 2.6.
Can you reproduce the problem if you scroll within the 'Channels'
menu?

If nothing else helps, you could try to increase the repeatfreq
parameter (bad variable name, it's not a frequency but a delay).
But I don't think that this will fix the real problem.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index