[vdr] Re: vdr-remote doesn't find event after vdr restart due to emergency exit

On Monday 26 July 2004 17:09, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
>  > On Thursday 22 July 2004 22:31, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
>  >> the situation was:
>  >> one recording going on
>  >> a second recording starting
>  >> UPT, emergency exit, restart of vdr by runvdr
>  >> event2 which usually belongs to the DVB on-card IR receiver isn't there
>  >> vdr stops
>  >> How can I improve that? Is that a driver problem?
>  >> Should I check in runvdr if event2 is there, and restart the driver
> if not?
>  >
>  > Please check your system logfile for messages from the DVB driver.
>  > Imho this could only happen if evdev or dvb-ttpci have not been loaded.
>  > Maybe vdr started *before* the driver was completely initialized
>  > (hotplug firmware loader?)
>  >
> I attach a long logfile, hope that helps.
> It seems to me that dvb-ttpci and evdev are loaded, but I'm not sure if
> at the right time.
> I indeed use the hotplug firmware loader, is that not recommended?

I never used the hotplug firmware loader because it slows down driver
driver initialization.

> P.S. when I insert a "sleep 10" between driver start and vdr start
> everything is fine
> ERROR: /dev/input/event2: No such file or directory

Strange. According to the log the device node does not exist!
Are you using devfs? Maybe it takes some time until the device node
shows up in the file system.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index