[vdr] Re: remote plugin too fast keyrepeats

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 03:31 +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> On Monday 26 July 2004 16:57, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> > Oliver Endriss wrote:
> >  > On Friday 23 July 2004 01:37, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> >  >
> >  >> since I switched to kernel-dvb the key repeat is too fast,
> >  >> often in menus when I want to give one "back", I get two.
> >  >> Very unpractical. How can I change that? Reduce repeatfreq in remote.c??
> >  >
> >  > Imho you see the well-known keybdev problem.
> >  > Please refer to http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr/FAQ
> >  > The problem and possible solutions are discussed in section Q6.
> >  >
> > Q6: Keys are duplicated, i.e. pressing '1' switches to channel '11' or
> > '111'.
> > A6: Try this: Switch to a different virtual console.
> >     If the problem disappeares, read on.
> >
> > What is meant by "Switch to a different virtual console"?
> > Start vdr with -t /dev/ttyn or start remote plugin with -t /dev/ttyn?
> > At the moment I use neither nor.
>
> Virtual consoles can be selected by pressing Ctrl-ALT-F1, Ctrl-ALT-F2,
> etc.

I have this problem when running under X11, where I cannot change the
virtual console. I am suspecting that X11 might be a cause for the
problem in the first place, as I can enter keys into an X app using the
remote.

--
-Torgeir

Home | Main Index | Thread Index