[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] dxr3plugin-0.2.3-pre2

Hi vdr fans.

After some comments from a guy from vdr-portal i will now release the *very
buggy* pre2. Yes you have
read correct - very buggy. At the moment i dont want to release the pre2 but
as a result of the comments
i will do it now.

So i will start with the known bugs:
* slowmotion does crash vdr
* there is only one speed in replay mode - others may crash
* Resting Hardware -> crazzy dx3-plugin :)
* digital output seems to be broken
* stillpicutre seems not to work

If you find other bugs, please use the bugtracker at sourceforge:
There is also a log-file of the plugin... named dxr3plugin.log - it should
be in /video, but it can depend on vdr configuration.

If you have a patch, please use sourceforge:

So it is easier for me to handle all.

Yeah... sounds not very good, but as i told you before i was "forced" to
release a "working" version. At the moment
i was woring on the colormanger, paletmanger and the spu_encoder to make it
more felxible and more bug free.
But the new changes will not be in this release, because i am not finished
yet.

Now to the big changes since the 0.2.2 version:

2004-06-22: Version 0.2.3-alpha1 (only for vdr-portal.de)

- we are using now <linux/em8300.h> instead of "em8300.h"
- updated multichannelaudio.h/c with newest AC3overDVB-Patch-Source (0.2.6)
- switched to new osd routines for vdr-1.3.7
- added dxr3singleton.h
- new interface to work with ffmpeg (chagned include to <avcodec.h>)
- added a lot of commments and cosmetic code cleanups
- using everywhere std::string - makes life nicer
- moved dxr3absdevice to dxr3interface
- rewritten some parts of dxr3interface
- added anti-glinsch-when-fast-forward-and-then-play-patch ;)
- killed DIAG and added a global logger, which is used only in
  a few functions and not in every like DIAG
- removed cDxr3StatusMonitor - i dont know why we need this
- cleaned out unneeded includes
- fixed memory leak in cDxr3Interface::UploadMicroCode:
  If uploading of the microcode failed, the allocated memory wasn't
  freed.
- If we are changing the audiooutput now the plugin will call an overworked
  AudioRepoen function, which does not shutdown the whole card.
- Things like VIDEOMODE and AUDIOMODE are now set only ONCE on plugin start!
- added check if memory in cDxr3SyncBuffer is allocated correct
- introced a 'ToDo-System'.
  in every *.c file there can be something like this at the top of the file:
  /*
 ToDo:
  - cDxr3SyncBuffer::Push: XXX This is only a workaround until a sufficient
control algorithm is implemented
  */

  So it is easier to keep track of stuff, which needs more work.
- some small changes in dxr3colormanger.h/c
- some small changes in dxr3pesframe.h/c
- some small changes in spuenc.h/c
- killed spu_dump in spuenc.h/c
- renamed spuenc.h/c to dxr3interface_spu_encoder.h/c
- changed dxr3audiodecoder to support the new ffmpeg interface
- renamed dxr3absspu/dxr3absspulist to
dxr3interace_spu/dxr3interace_spu_list
- volume control logarithmic instead of linear.
  This is a more natural sounding way of controlling the
  volume. Thanks to Jon Burgess <mplayer@jburgess.uklinux.net>
- added patch for DVD subtitles. Thanks to Stuart Daines
<s.daines@ntlworld.com>
- fixed memory leak in dxr3osd.c - Thanks to Miika Pekkarinen
<miipekk@ihme.org>
- added Tools namespace, which has a fixed Rgb2YCrCb function in it
(dxr3tools.h)
- kicked out Cmd in dxr3osd.h/c
- added dxr3i18n.h/c
- added Portuguese language support - thanks to Paulo Lopes
<pmml@netvita.pt>
- added Finnish language support - thanks to Hannu Savolainen
<hannu@opensound.com>
- added Swedish language support - thanks to Tomas Prybil <tomas@prybil.se>
NOTE: I havent found time to include all of the languages, will be done in
pre3
- kicked out - i hope - some unneeded usleeps
- rewrote cSPUEncoder: Now we imitate the Cmd funtion form the dvb drivers.
So
  we can use now the normal osd functions form dvbosd.c :)
- added support for vdr-1.3.11
- added videomode pal 60

2004-07-29: Version 0.2.3-pre2 (now aviable on SourceForge)

- fixed audio and video problems
- works now with vdr < 1.3.7
- added YUV2Rgb int dxr3tools.h (for dxr3spudecoder)
- added some more debug infos in dxr3outputthread.c
- added const keyword in dxr3configdata.h
- added EM8300 include define in Makefile
- added debuglevels, so we can define how much we want to log
- assimilated spudecoder from vdr's dvbspu.c/h -> nice nav in dvds
- kicked out cDxr3InterfaceSpu from dxr3interface.c/h
- a little fix for cDxr3Interface::ResampleVolume
- kicked out dxr3interface_spu.c/h and dxr3interface_spu_list.c/h, because
  the new spudecoder dont need it anymore.
- added dxr3cpu.c/h to get some infos about the cpu
- added dxr3memcpy.c/h to get a little speedup - i hope
- maybe a little audiofix: lastHeader in cDxr3AudioDecoder will now set to 0
  with the constr. and not via Init()-function. So there should be now some
lesser
  audio scratches.
- osd works now on every resolution (viva, viva plus,...)
- added main-menu-entry
- added in some parts some memory allocation tests
- added fix for Makefile from vdr-portal.de -> should compile on more
machines :)
- added Tools::WriteInfoToOsd(...) - now some infos like "Releasing devices"
are show
  now on the osd again
- fixed dxr3osd_subpicutre.h - thanks to Paavo Hartikainen <pahartik@sci.fi>

maybe this makes now some hope.
Here is now the dl-link:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dxr3plugin/vdr-dxr3-0.2.3-pre2.tgz?download
The new homepage of the dxr3-plugin: http://dxr3plugin.sf.net
In the 1-2 days i also will use the cvs...

Hope you arn't to much frustrated with this release,
Christian Gmeiner

PS: Please use the cvs-drivers for the dxr3 - they are much better.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index