[vdr] Re: Problems: illegal OSD device handle (-1)! and Veryquiet sound

> > The other problem came up yesterday when I updated the dvb-kernel to the
> > latest. Now I cannot get VDR to show the menu anymore. Following error
> > comes to the /var/log/messages:
> >
> > ERROR: illegal OSD device handle (-1)!
>
> I've updated from CVS too and had to run
>
> 	MAKEDEV-DVB.sh
>
> as the major or minor number has changed.
>
> As I use vdr-xine, I didn't get the OSD device handle error, but was simply
> not able to receive any channel.

There was some sort of bug with the dvb-kernel because yesterday afternoon
cvs update fixed the problem.

Sound problem is also solved. This was a stupied one: when I removed the
analogue module from the Siemens board I forgot to put back those two
jumpers. Without those jumpers the sound goes through the analogue module
which was laying on the table..

All fine now until I break something else :)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index