[vdr] Problems: illegal OSD device handle (-1)! and Very quiet sound

Hi,

Hope someone can help with these problems.

I've been struggling with the no sound issue. The sound is very very quiet
and cannot be increased no matter what I do. I can barely hear it when I
turn the TV set or receiver nearly to the max.

Friend of mine has the same card (specs below) and no problem. I did have
the sound earlier but unfortunately I don't remember which version of the
VDR was used nor which DVB drivers were used.

Connections are correct i.e. the board (integrated audio) works fine. I
suspect that it has something to do with the DAC. But it's strange that
equal setup with older kernel 2.4.22 (IIRC) works fine.

The other problem came up yesterday when I updated the dvb-kernel to the
latest. Now I cannot get VDR to show the menu anymore. Following error
comes to the /var/log/messages:

ERROR: illegal OSD device handle (-1)!

Seems that OSD cannot be accessed for some reason. Unfortunately I didn't
backup the older version of the dvb-kernel and now I'm without menu. Also
linux-dvb-1.1.1 does not work either for me (cannot get VDR to start up -
could be something trivial but haven't looked into it - error log: no
primary device found etc.)

Specs:
Asus Pundit
Siemens DVB-C rev 1.5
latest dvb-kernel (updated today from CVS)
VDR 1.3.12 + several patches (mainly subtitle related) + several plugins
kernel 2.6.7

Br, Pasi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index