[vdr] Re: Possible fix for EPG scan ("video data stream broken")

Andreas Share wrote:

Yes, there is no more data, so vdr stop the recording with the well known
message. And, this is not a vdr only problem (but maybe vdr trigger some
thing). You could easiely check your card if you get an VDSB error....there
are no more interrupts handled, so there is no more data transfered from the
card to userspace. I have had confirmed this is also valid for ff cards!
Before any other error occurs (fw_command errors, arm crashes) the card stop
delivering data!

As I wrote in the dvb mailing list: I have two rev. 1.3 cards and I had a lot of problems mit the dvb-kernel driver.
Since I replaced the ves1x93 driver with a slightly moded old alps_bsrv2 frontend driver I have _zero_ problems. Zero fw_command_errors. Zero arm crashes.

I believe that the ves1x93 is the "evil". :-)

Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index