[vdr] Re: Possible fix for EPG scan ("video data stream broken")

On Saturday 31 July 2004 20:35, Andreas Share wrote:
> No, this only prevents livepids & transfermode during epgscan. So
> vdr does not use pes-pids during scanning, only section filter will
> be opend.
>
> If you start a record, (EITScanner.Active()) == false.

At first sight it seems so.

But with debugging output I have observed following (single card):

EPG scan is active

Timer starts recording:
   1. channel switch - EITScanner.Active still returns true
   2. recording thread starts

Main loop in vdr.c calls EITScanner.Process every second until
ScanTimeout (20sec) is reached

Then EITScanner.Process enters processing and detects recording is in
progress. The scanlist gets empty and after that, following calls of
EITScanner.Active returns false. So in EPG scan "over night" the
transfer thread possibly never gets startet.

When the EPG scan is triggered manually a few minutes before recording
starts, I see that the transfer thread does not start before the
ScanTimeout in EITScanner.Process is reached. Then EITScanner.Acivity
gets called, which triggers a channel switch an the recording finally
continues successfully.

Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index