[vdr] Re: Softdevice 0.0.7pre2 crash w/ DFB, CLE266

Stefan Lucke wrote:

There are two places to set this (Advanced Chispset Features):

AGP Aperture Size: 			[64M]
CPU to PCI POST write		[Enabled]
Select Panel Display Device	[CRT+TV]
TV type 					[PAL]
CPU DirectAccess FB		[Enabled]
I had a 128M aperture size. My BIOS also has a "Panel type" option, to set the LCD panel resolution (not used, because the panel connector is not present on-board).

Integrated Peripherals:
..
Frame Buffer Size			[64M]

BIOS version is 1.0F
I upgraded to 1.13 because of the ethernet problem. Didn't solve it. That may explain the difference in reported AGP memory size.

--> this value is not the same as yours (I changed the "allocated AGP RAM" in the BIOS), but it doesn't seem to be very important (some poeple report that with less than 32MB, the viafb kernel module doesn't initialize).

Does the normal console work for you after loading the viafb module ?
Mine doesn't, everything is black. So i can only operate via remote ssh .. .
Just tested with the exact config above : the console is all black (the monitor even goes into sleep mode, as if the signal was not there). That may be because you specified [CRT+TV] inside the BIOS, and TVon=0 at module loading.
A few minutes ago, I had a working console, with [CRT] only at BIOS level. Changing resolution from 1280x1024 to 720x576 only changed the visible area on the same screen resolution :
+------------+
| | -> 1280 screen size
| |
|-----+ |
| | -----|--> 720 visible area
+-----+------+
The console was also mostly working with [CRT+TV] and TVon=1. Since I also use SSH, I don't check that everytime.

The viafb kernel module obviously needs some work... I hope that's not the problem I'm experiencing with softdevice (I had some video or OSD output in the past with softdevice, and softmpeg still show something, so it might not be the case).

It seems I have the same setup than yours, but it still does not work... Argh !
very strange ;-( .
I really would like it to work. That will be 3 months since I did setup the hardware and tried to have a working VDR with correct video output from the CLE266 (I tried softmpeg and softdevice over DirectFB and FB). I'm begining to think about a full featured DVB-S card...

Next step : I'l try today's CVS DirectFB version...
I think you use CVS HEAD from 200404, isn't it ?

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index