[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.3 plugin

Hi,

Jacek Popławski wrote:

vdr-xine works very nice here, I can just watch tv like in mplayer or DVB
Windows apps, however, I found way to crash vdr with vdr-xine.

When I am in playback mode I can put mark ("0"), then with "7" and "9" keys I
move to previous/next mark. Sometimes it works, but very often when I press 7
to jump - vdr crashes (segfault). It works correctly with softdevice plugin, so
it is vdr-xine related.

Is it known problem?
No.

What information should I give to help fixing it?
Well, as VDR crashes (maybe due to a bug in vdr-xine), I think that a backtrace would be most helpful.

To get one, please compile both VDR and vdr-xine with debug information. Therefore, I modify both Makefiles and change the option, which are feed to the compiler, e. g. for vdr-xine:

#CXXFLAGS ?= -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual
CXXFLAGS ?= -O0 -g3 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual

And for VDR:

#CFLAGS ?= -O2
CFLAGS ?= -g3 -O0

#CXXFLAGS ?= -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual
CXXFLAGS ?= -g3 -O0 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual

Then I run vdr with ddd (a GUI for gdb):

video:/soft/src/VDR # ddd ./vdr

And within ddd:

run '-Pxine -r'

Later, when VDR crashes, you should be able to see where this happend and you should also be able to retrieve a backtrace via the menu, to determine how the faulty location was reached.

I hope this little debug HOWTO yields enough data to fix this issue.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de