[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.3 plugin

On Montag, 2. August 2004 22:25, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jacek Popławski wrote:
>
> > vdr-xine works very nice here, I can just watch tv like in mplayer or DVB
> > Windows apps, however, I found way to crash vdr with vdr-xine.
>  >
> > When I am in playback mode I can put mark ("0"), then with "7" and "9" keys I
> > move to previous/next mark. Sometimes it works, but very often when I press 7
> > to jump - vdr crashes (segfault). It works correctly with softdevice plugin, so
> > it is vdr-xine related.
>  >
> > Is it known problem?
>
> No.
>
> > What information should I give to help fixing it?
>
> Well, as VDR crashes (maybe due to a bug in vdr-xine), I think that a
> backtrace would be most helpful.

Perhaps a hint from softdevice could be helpfull too.
While working on StillPicture ( .. ) to get cut-mark-jumping and moving
work, I had similar segfaults too. To resume correct playing after such a
jump/move I have to clear the input and decoders buffer. This clear operation has to
be locked against buffer access from other threads.

Maybe that helps

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index