[vdr] [OT] T100 cable not good for digital satellite tv?

Hello,
I finally built my vdr machine and put it in the living room, replacing my old, analog, receiver with integrated positioner.
Up until now I've been testing it in the attic, with a (relatively) short run of cable (about, say, 5m, probably less, from the lnb to the connection box and 3m more to the pc) with the dish pointed at hotbird at 13E. No problems receiving every channels.
Now, with the pc in the living room (5+~15m) I cannot tune some transponders, (e.g. 11804v and 12673v, once I managed to tune them though). It's not a problem with the tone generation (I can successfully tune other channels in the high band, and in the attic I had no problem) or polarity. The dish is correctly aligned (besides, with a 1,20m dish hotbird gives a very strong signal here) so I'm suspecting that's the additional length of cable causing the problems, or maybe the 2 junctions I have in the cable run (on to connect the outside cable to the inside one and the other making a wall socket, but they caused no problem with analog).
The cable is "Televes T100, Ref.2145" (no longer in production, but the similar 2147 has an attenuation of 0,287dB/m at 2150Mhz, see http://www.televes.com/espanol/producto/caracteristicas.asp?COD=436, so from the attic to the living room there's a difference of 3,4dB).
Is this not good enough for satellite television? Or does the cable characteristic get worse with age (~9 years)?
Should I replace the cable (painful), try with an inline amplifier (relatively easy) or look for another cause?

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -