[vdr] Re: [OT] T100 cable not good for digital satellite tv?

Luca Olivetti wrote:
Hello,
I finally built my vdr machine and put it in the living room, replacing my old, analog, receiver with integrated positioner.
Up until now I've been testing it in the attic, with a (relatively) short run of cable (about, say, 5m, probably less, from the lnb to the connection box and 3m more to the pc) with the dish pointed at hotbird at 13E. No problems receiving every channels.
Now, with the pc in the living room (5+~15m) I cannot tune some transponders, (e.g. 11804v and 12673v, once I managed to tune them though).
Make sure you do not get distorsion from your wireless phone. A friend of mine has his receiver directly above the tv set. He was really surprised how I could greatly improve the reception quality of sat1 and pro7 by simply unpluging the power supply of his wireless phone. :-)

Just my 3 Eurocent! :-)
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "printk("VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. "