[vdr] Re: Choice of Filesystem for VDR

Guido Fiala schrieb:

Would like to hear if someone has experiene with Reiser4 already - it claims to be the fastest now...

Personally i have been running Reiser3 now for many years and despite others bad experiences i can only report good stability and failsafe-recovery, but never made several recordings at once, i admit...
Same here. I use Reiser3 on all disks and all Linux systems I have (from 80 to 250GB) and I never had any data losses (except an hardware failure)

On my main vdr system (Duron 1300, Epox 8k5A2 2xDVB-S Rev.1.3) I can record about 5 streams at the same time. I expect this limit is DVB driver or DVB hardware related, because live viev is showing artefacts if I increase the number of recordings more.

Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index