[vdr] Re: softdevice compile

Hi Sascha, I have softdevice-0.0.7pre2.   I dont know if there is anothe newer one this time.  The plugin is installed in VDR/PLUGINS/src/softdevice-0.0.7pre2/ (actually a link).  My VDR is 1.3.12, although the readme says the plugin is written for 1.2, I read somewhere otheres are using it 1.3

In the readme file here is the following installation instruction:-

As usual, unpack the plugin and make a link in the
./VDR/PLUGINS/src directory

modify the path to libavcodec in the Makefile.
Adjust other options (MMX/ MMX2)

set up a framebuffer on /dev/fb0

recommened resolution: 768x576
16bit with Framebuffer output
32bit with XV/DFB/Vidix output

start vdr with -P softdevice

So, start the vdr without compiling the plugin?  That does not work, or maybe I have an older README file?  Actually, I read the README file a few times.

Thanks for your help.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 Sascha Volkenandt wrote :
>Am Freitag, 13. August 2004 18:04 schrieb Peace Monk:
> > Will softdevice work with VDR 1.3.12?  I put it in the PLUGINS/src
> > module, and type make, or make modules, nothing seems to happen.
> > I  have all the required libraries.  Thank you. </P>
>
>You should re-read the README.
>

>Greetings,
>Sascha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index