[vdr] Re: vdr (+ softdevice): long delay in jumping betweenediting marks

Dick Streefland <Dick.Streefland@xs4all.nl> writes:

> On Thursday 2004-08-12 20:32, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> | While playing with a recording, I've noticed that vdr hangs for
> | several minutes if I jump twice from one editing mark to another.
> | (Jumping only once to an editing mark does not hang vdr)
>
> This is probably the NPTL problem. Try starting vdr with:
>
>   LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 vdr

Yeah, I though about this NPTL problem, so here's the command line I
used:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1; ./vdr -P softdevice -c /etc/vdr

Dang ! The ';' did spoil my day ! (do you believe that I've been
working on unix for 15 years :o} )

The correct command is:
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 ./vdr -P softdevice -c /etc/vdr

This problem is now solved.

Thanks

Home | Main Index | Thread Index