[vdr] Re: managing channels

Jacek Popławski wrote:
I have more than 1000 channels in channels.conf, and I am going to have even
more one day, but I am unable to manage them. Moving channel from one place to
another is painfull. In Windows applications - you can create tabs, folders,
and move channels or group of channels from place to place. Is it possible
somehow in vdr currently? Are there applications to manage channels.conf? 1) how do you manage channels in your vdr?
I have more than 3000 (and that's because I've only setup 5 satellites, didn't have time to setup the rest yet) and I too find difficult to organize channels inside vdr, I usually do it with a text editor and even then it's cumbersome.
I've modified vdr to filter channels (either while using up/down and while displaying the channel listing). At the moment I just filter based on the criterion "all channels/tv only/radio only" but I'm thinking to add filters on provider (i.e. the part of the name after the ";"), language, source and initial letter of the channel.
Oh, and adding separators in channels.conf, while not the ultimate solution, also helps.

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -