[vdr] Re: managing channels

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 05:01:56PM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> I have more than 3000 (and that's because I've only setup 5 satellites,
> didn't have time to setup the rest yet) and I too find difficult to
> organize channels inside vdr, I usually do it with a text editor and
> even then it's cumbersome.

What do you think about sharing channels.conf?
Or maybe even make website with different sets of channels.conf files from
people?

> I've modified vdr to filter channels (either while using up/down and
> while displaying the channel listing). At the moment I just filter based
> on the criterion "all channels/tv only/radio only" but I'm thinking to
> add filters on provider (i.e. the part of the name after the ";"),
> language, source and initial letter of the channel.

Could you publish patch?

> Oh, and adding separators in channels.conf, while not the ultimate
> solution, also helps.

Yes, I use them. But still I need to scroll down thru 1000 channels, oposite to
"folders structure" from ProgDVB or DVB Dream in Windows.

And it is big problem with budget card (SkyStar2) because both in softdevice
and vdr-xine OSD is very slow (this is not flame, just info :).

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies

Home | Main Index | Thread Index