[vdr] Re: managing channels

Jacek Popławski schrieb:

I have more than 1000 channels in channels.conf, and I am going to have even
more one day, but I am unable to manage them. Moving channel from one place to
another is painfull. In Windows applications - you can create tabs, folders,
and move channels or group of channels from place to place. Is it possible
somehow in vdr currently? Are there applications to manage channels.conf? 1) how do you manage channels in your vdr?
I usually import channels.conf into openoffice.org Calc as CSV where
colums are seperated by ":"
There it is easy to filter/search/move channels.
When you are ready you can than export the list as CSV when you use ":" as separator...

2) how to control adding new channels by vdr? I noticed it scans transponders and put channels in channels.conf, but I don't know when exactly that happens 3) is there any other plugin than channelswitcher to organize channels list?
YES! channelorg.
http://www.freewebs.com/sadhome/
It is a good start: you can create/delete and move groups.
You can even sort groups by name or frquency...

The biggest pain in the ass is that there is no way to see, if a
channel is still available ...
My list has now 2500(!) channels, and I know there are "only" 2200 on
astra AND eutelsat. :(

Frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index