[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel under 2.6

> Klaus, I would like to see you, or someone else actually
> following through
> with the problems that exists with compiling the current CVS
> dvb-kernel
> against a suse kernel, but as you know you cut off your
> attempt way to
> prematurly. Please, could you setup a secondary testing
> partiotiong alongside
> your primary setup, and whenever You and I have time, We
> could work through
> this, instead of just dropping everything on the floor?

Kenneth,

The main problem I have seen with compiling the dvb-kernel using Suse's 2.6
kernel source is the missing "msleep" defines in Suse's kernel headers.  I
believe Suse is running a 2.6.5 kernel so, if that helper function was to be
added back with some ifdef statements looking for a kernel 2.6.5 and below,
then Suse's kernel source should work.  Something like if kernel > 2.6.5
then use msleep, and if it is below 2.6.5, use the previous helper function.
But, this does sound like a maintenance nightmare :(.

--C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index