[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel under 2.6

On Sunday 22 August 2004 18:13, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Well, since the DVB driver is only one thing I need to have running,
> > and the 'kfir' driver apparently isn't working under kernel 2.6 yet
> > (no idea if it ever will be), I've decided to waste no more time trying
> > to switch to kernel 2.6. For now official VDR development will therefore
> > be done under SuSE 8.2 with kernel 2.4.20 and the 'linux_2_4' branch of
> > the dvb-kernel driver.
>
> I guess I was a little premature with this statement.
>
> Actually I'm back to the "old" DVB driver (as of CVS dated 2004-08-08),
> because the 'linux_2_4' branch of the dvb-kernel driver still has the
> problem that audio and video drops out every now and then here on my
> system - that's why I was trying to go to the kernel 2.6 version of the
> driver in the first place...

Klaus, I would like to see you, or someone else actually following through
with the problems that exists with compiling the current CVS dvb-kernel
against a suse kernel, but as you know you cut off your attempt way to
prematurly. Please, could you setup a secondary testing partiotiong alongside
your primary setup, and whenever You and I have time, We could work through
this, instead of just dropping everything on the floor?

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index