[vdr] Re: using linux-2.6 there's no osd anymore

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 11:49:50PM +0200, Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:

> > I had the same pb here. The only solution I found was to recompile my
> > Kernel to add OSD Support...
> > If someone was able to contact the Debian Kernel Team, that would be
> > great to convince them to change that detail in their binaries !
>
> I'm not using the debian kernel + modules (do use sid tho), so I don't have a
> preference either way, but I would suggest filing a bug against
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
>
> I've at least changed dvb-kernel CVS to compile in OSD support for the AV7110
> as a default, both for build-2.6 and in kernel compilation, hopefully this
> will at least minimize the user trouble regarding the osd.
>
> Kenneth

unfortunately i read your reply to late, i've already built my own kernel.
so i can't check if your changes would match as a workaround for sarge
kernels, probably...

compiling from source, i've left all integrated dvb support out, copied the
firmware into build-2.6 and now after loading the cvs drivers everything
works right.

thanks for the hints!

--
                        --- unix _is_ user-friendly ---