[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel under 2.6

On Sonntag, 5. September 2004 03:43, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> On So, 5.09.2004, 01:42, Kenneth Aafløy sagte:
>
> > Klaus, I would like to see you, or someone else actually following through
> > with the problems that exists with compiling the current CVS dvb-kernel
> > against a suse kernel, but as you know you cut off your attempt way to
> > prematurly. Please, could you setup a secondary testing partiotiong
> > alongside
> > your primary setup, and whenever You and I have time, We could work
> > through
> > this, instead of just dropping everything on the floor?
> >

> As kernel 2.6 is the new mainstream of Linux it will be used widely
> (especially for hardware reasons). That means the users will drop using
> VDR if it doesn't work with 2.6 and it will be buried in a few month ...

Nonsense. Most vdr systems are running outdated 2.4 kernels with
outdated DVB-branch drivers on even more outdated hardware. :P
This problem will vanish automagically when Suse provides a kernel
update. Well, other incompatibilities might show up then. :D

As a quick solution, we could add a compatibility module which provides
msleep for old kernels. In the old DVB branch there was a file compat.c
which provided some compatibility stuff. But I'm not sure whether we
should really do this.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr/