[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Rene Bartsch (RB) wrote:

RB> The fact: Distros ship kernel 2.6 -> no VDR!

As far as I was following this thread, the breakpoint was not that VDR
wouldn't work with 2.6 but that the dvb driver for 2.6 wouldn't work with
the 2.6 kernels shipped with some (major) linux distributions.

so don't blame VDR for that.

RB> There are just some like us left who can compile their kernel
RB> themself,

Absolutely. But that's exactly the reason why the driver should work with
the kernels shipped with the linux distributions.

RB> I have dropped using VDR for 3 month now [...]

and please don't generalise your own experience to other people.

RB> And now, just think some steps in future ... Without support for kernel
RB> 2.6 the users will change to MythTV, NMM, ...

which support are we talking about?
support of the driver for kernels up to 2.6.5?

I never tried MythTV, NMM,... but I doubt they would work without a
working driver.

PS.: and why don't you just stop blaming other people and contribute some
constructive suggestions for a solution.

        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\

Home | Main Index | Thread Index