[vdr] Re: using linux-2.6 there's no osd anymore

On Saturday 04 September 2004 23:29, Trois Six wrote:
> daniel peess a écrit :
> > the debian sarge kernel already got dvb drivers included,
> > but i want to use the cvs ones, that's why the makefile behaves
> > different. ( mention: i do unload all drivers of the sarge kernel first )
[snip]
> > but still no osd... strange, isn't it?
>
> I had the same pb here. The only solution I found was to recompile my
> Kernel to add OSD Support...
> If someone was able to contact the Debian Kernel Team, that would be
> great to convince them to change that detail in their binaries !

I'm not using the debian kernel + modules (do use sid tho), so I don't have a
preference either way, but I would suggest filing a bug against
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

I've at least changed dvb-kernel CVS to compile in OSD support for the AV7110
as a default, both for build-2.6 and in kernel compilation, hopefully this
will at least minimize the user trouble regarding the osd.

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index