[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.9.4 (development)

Stefan Huelswitt schrieb:
On 04 Sep 2004 Sebastian Kemper <sebastian_ml@gmx.net> wrote:

Hi,

When the plugin scans for volume levels, this appears in my syslog:

mgr: scanning (lvl) Adrenalize/08-Def_Leppard-Have_You_Ever_Needed_Someone_So_Bad.mp3
mad: decode hdr error, frame=0 count=1: lost synchronization
norm: new volumen level=0,252387 peak=1,126221
[...]

And then there are the entries in id3info.cache. Only very few seem to get new normalized values like this:

The background scan makes 2 passes. In the first pass only ID3
information are scanned (as before). Due to this you will get
cache entries for all songs very quickly but for now without
level information.
The second pass gathers level information. As the level scan
requieres complete decoding of the song, this may take a while.
If you leave the player running you will see the level
information appear one after another. The scan is completed when
a message "backroundscan idle" appears.

I think you system is perfectly fine.

Regards.

Aah,

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you can blank these messages which aren't error messages after all in order to keep me from confusion :)

Thanks

Sebastian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index