[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel

Hello Klaus,

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:58:19 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

  | However, I also have a problem with the kernel
  | 2.4 branch of the dvb-kernel driver, because the picture and sound drop out
  | every now and then. This is an old problem that I once have fixed in the old
  | DVB driver, but maybe somebody dropped that fix when going to dvb-kernel... :-(
  | It may only happen with the rev 1.3 Siemens DVB cards.

I can confirm that i have this exact same problem with a full featured TT 1.3 Rev board with
almost any 2.6 driver version i can remember of, CVS or official kernels. (since at least 2.6.5, i'd say).

So, so far, i'm "stuck" with 2.4 linux-dvb drivers.

As my video directory is NFS mounted, i have *much better* performance when using 2.6 client <-> 2.6 NFS server
than compared with 2.4 client <-> 2.6 NFS server, especially when editing some recordings.
I've tried various NFS fixes and updates (NFS_ALL from Trond)without success.
So, right now, i just decided to live with this sub-optimal setup as long as it is fairly stable.

So until the audio/video blackouts are solved (i'll happily test any patch :), i have no other option than to stay with
2003-08-11 linux-dvb driver.

Truly yours,

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index