[vdr] Feature Request : set marks on Restarted Recording

Hallo Klaus,

It would be really nice if VDR could set a cut-mark whenever a recording
was restarted. And setting a comment in marks.vdr for each mark would be
very helpfull :)

Important would be that if the recording was broken, maybe because VDR
was restarted, that the comment would descripe that. Maybe someting like
"unplanned_restart" and if it was restared because of PID change it
could be "PID_changed", you decide ... ;)

With that marks one could take a look at the point where the recording
was restarted and decide if it is OK or not. Maybe one had luck and it
was in the middle of commercials ;) At the moment that is almost
impossible without whatching the whole movie.

Maybe it also helps finding the beginning and end of a movie because
PID's are changed before/after the movie has ended !?

Reason for the Comments in marks.vdr :
1. It would be nice to know why VDR restarted the recording (without
searching the syslog).
2. One could take actions in the "vdr -r" script that is started after
the recording has finished. I am using master-timer and with VDR 1.2.6,
at that point, I am just checking if every [0-9][0-9][0-9].vdr except
the last is bigger that 2048MB and then set it to be "done". Has been
working very fine for me for more than a year :) That is not possible
anymore as VDR does planned restarts of recordings. So I could now use
the comments in marks.vdr to check if the recording should be OK.

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index