[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] AutoCutter 0.1.4

Hallo,

What is new in 0.1.4 :

- Sharemarks (offline) Support!
  For those using ISDN or those who doesn't want to be online all the
time.

- VDRconvert 0.1.x Support

- Support for >=VDR 1.3.11 - update recordings list kept in momory
(touch .update)

In my opinion Sharemarks in the latest Version (0.1.3dev3) works very
well!

If you get marks downloaded from the server they are very exact :)
Mostly there are not more than 1-2 marks that are only one GOP wrong,
that is much better than NoAD ever will be able to do it.
(IIRC a GOP is the smallest possible point of cutting, correct me if I
am wrong)

If more people would use it then we probably more offen could download
marks ;)

Therefore I would recommend that ALL of you should really try it ...
(See below for more)

Download AutoCutter from here :
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=22065

Download newest Sharemarks from her :
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=2658

For those not knowing what AutoCutter is, here a short Description.

The idea behind is that NoAD is started after a recoding was made and
that you can configure what Options should be used for NoAD or if it
should not be run on that recoding.
The whole thing is working with Queues so that several parallel
recodrings don't disturb each other.

After that the cutmarks are chekced "on foot" (just like now) and you
can then start Cutting all Recordings with one (commands.conf) command.

You can also configure for what Recordings/Channels NoAD should be run
or not, if Sharemarks should be uploaded or if not. Or if a Recording or
all Rec. from a Channel should be added directly to the "cutting" queue
after NoAD instead. Look for noad.conf in the README.

New is the support for Sharemarks - after Noad the recordings are added
to a sharemarks queue and a script is run from crontab which tries to
download Marks on a regular basis. Becaues it does not make sense to try
this forever there is a Timeout after 3 days where after the recordings
are added to the autocutter queue for cutting.
Please use showqueues.sh and you can see why the recordings are in the
autocutter queue.
After cutting the marks from the cutted recordings are added to a
sharemarks-upload queue and they are then uploaded the next time the
previosly mentioned script is trying to download marks.

There are lots of options, if you trust the sharemarks marks then you
can even automatically start cutting after the Download was successfull
(user wish).

If you can read German you can find more on Sharemarks here :
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=15344

It all works with the Queue of VDRconvert.

And here a little Sharemarks example :
Last weekend I recorded "The Abyss" on Pro7 and on Monday when I came
home I had the most wonderfull (share-)marks for that on my VDR. Pro7
"rewinded" the Movie after commercials so there were overlappings. And
the person who made the marks did a very good job of finding the correct
places where the movie fits :)

Have fun using it :)

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen