[vdr] Re: Editing VDR files?

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Peace Monk (PM) wrote:

PM> Hi, I think I read on the mailing list about editing vdr record files
PM> from vdr.  How do I do this, also is there another more suitable tool
PM> I could use for it?
PM>
PM> Also, is there an easy way to reset the pointer on viewed vdr files,
PM> so I dont have to rewind a vdr file all the way back to replay it
PM> again?

short answer to both questions: read MANUAL ;^)

long answer to the first question:
 use button 0 to set marks,
 buttons 7,9 to jump from mark to mark
 buttons 4,6 to adjust a mark
 once finished, press 2 to start the cutting process.

 there is no more suitable tools for cutting recordings.
 (I guess, some people will disagree with me, but they will certainly
 tell us, what other tools they use)

long answer to the second question:
 in the recordings menu select the recording.
 now before you press the OK button, read the descriptions
 of the color buttons. One of them (AFAIR, the green one) is "Rewind"
 Press the green button and the recording will start playing at the
 beginning.

c ya
        Sergei
--