[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.9.5 (development)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

>Hi,
>a bug-fix release of the MP3/MPlayer plugin is available on my
>homepage.

<cut>

I've used the MP3 part of this excellent plugin for quite some time and
it's one of the plugins we couldn't live without anymore. I've never
tested the MPlayer part though as the box has been a little bit
underpowered for that purpose. However, as the old box died with sparks
flying from the power supply it's time to upgrade a little bit.

What is the quality of the video that the MPlayer plugin creates? Does the
MPEG1 transcoding noticeably degrade the quality or is there really no
difference? I think we'd mostly use the MPlayer plugin for things like
downloaded music videos and clips, not so much for movies.

Regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--
               "Stercus, stercus, stercus, moriturus sum."
                                       -- Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times

Home | Main Index | Thread Index