[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.12 problem - Aborted

On 09 Sep 2004 Pasi Juppo <Pasi.Juppo@iki.fi> wrote:

> Weird problem and cannot get it solved. VDR just stops and says 'Aborted'.
> Nothing in logs, nothing in shell just nothing that could give me any hint
> what's going on. It has only done this for a day - before this almost no
> problems for weeks.

I experienced this once in a while too.
I could it trace back to some "new char[x]" in libsi code. In
some cases x is very big (>1GB), memory allocation fails and vdr
is aborted from some internal gcc error handler.
I don't know if the big x values are cause by bad data in EPG
(which isn't crosschecked) or due to corrupted stream.

May be it's an idea to leave "new". If one would use "malloc" any
error could be handled by vdr itself.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt