[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.12 problem - Aborted

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 09 Sep 2004 Pasi Juppo <Pasi.Juppo@iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > Weird problem and cannot get it solved. VDR just stops and says 'Aborted'.
> > Nothing in logs, nothing in shell just nothing that could give me any hint
> > what's going on. It has only done this for a day - before this almost no
> > problems for weeks.
>
> I experienced this once in a while too.
> I could it trace back to some "new char[x]" in libsi code. In
> some cases x is very big (>1GB), memory allocation fails and vdr
> is aborted from some internal gcc error handler.
> I don't know if the big x values are cause by bad data in EPG
> (which isn't crosschecked) or due to corrupted stream.
>
> May be it's an idea to leave "new". If one would use "malloc" any
> error could be handled by vdr itself.

It seems to be a problem related to EPG. I had several timer recordings
set (roughly a ten) - some nearly week ahead. After deleting those VDR has
not crashed anymore. There were two new timers (one done, the other
activates this night) but no crashes. Could it be related to the date
somehow? (maybe the information changes too much in the EPG, which causes
the problems)

Anyhow, I think bug is narrowed down quite well now.

Br, Pasi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index