[vdr] Re: Svdrpsend vs. netcat

I have written a smal client in C that can do the same for you as the svdrpsend script that is included in the vdr package ...

If there is interest, i would place it on my homepage.

C.Y.M. wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to display messages in the osd using svdrpsend.pl with the
following command, but it does not work:

svdrpsend.pl -d localhost "MESG hello"

If I use netcat, with the following syntax, the message is displayed
correctly:

echo "MESG hello" | netcat -q 1 localhost 2001

Am I doing something wrong with svdrpsend?

--
Gruß,
Oliver Friedrich

Home | Main Index | Thread Index