[vdr] Small & silent VDR custom STB

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build a small & silent vdr STB.

I've taken a glance at some barebones as well as VIA EPIA boards.
The latter seem to be a cheaper way, besides having some support for
hardware video acceleration.

My concern with all the systems I've found is that none of them has more
than one single PCI slot. The minimum I need is two, one for a DVB-s
card and another slot for a DVB-t card.

I seem to remember there was some kind of PCI backplane with which you
got two effective PCI slots. Am I right? In case I am, was it for the
EPIA m/b or for some barebone?

Otherwise, have you had good experiences using some microATX board? Or
any other kind you found nice for this purpose?

--
A failure will not appear until a unit has passed final inspection.

Javier Marcet <javier@marcet.info>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index