[vdr] Re: hollywood plus - worth to buy?

Luca Olivetti wrote:

Jacek Popławski wrote:

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 03:39:45PM +0100, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

With a monitor I think softdevice will give you the best picture. What
are you missing in terms of functionality that want you to try a hw+
card?

Both softdevice and vdr-xine have disadvantages. Speed of OSD (scaling), speed
of play, bugs (vdr crashing in edit mode, etc).

Well, I have similar problems with a dxr3. It's stable most of the time but it goes mad sometimes with rapidly changing menu items and it doesn't recover easily without restarting vdr. Due to the great work of the developers (both of the driver and the plugin) I'm sure most of these problems (mainly, IIRC, because sigma design gave *no* documentation and almost everything has been obtained by reverse engineering) will be overcome.
I am sure, that some problems with the dxr3-plugin will get fixed in the next releases. At the moment i am also working on the modul pararmeter detection. So i hope, that in the near future you only must load the dxr3 modules and all parameters are set automaticly.

I hope i get the dxr3-plugin compiling on 2.95 gcc's and that the dd 5.1 support is working fine - i must wait, until i get my dd 5.1 system, to try my current plugin codem

Greets,
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index