[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

* Lauri Tischler <lwgt@iki.fi> [040913 07:55]:

Otherwise, have you had good experiences using some microATX board? Or
any other kind you found nice for this purpose?

Old HP Brios are good, like Brio BA400, its Celeron (433-600 Mhz) with
builtin VGA and four (4) pcislots.  Unfortunately no builtin ethernet.
Where do you find them? Ebay?

I'm going to try this with USB-WLAN or USB-Ethernet adapter.
Put this into Antec Aria case with NEXUS-S, NEXUS-T and NOVA-T
Why putting two full featured cards?

My aim was going nova only route, i.e., no FF cards. That's why I liked
the EPIA boards.

Original HP-case has only 90W psu.

BTW, I could never understand why they put AGP-slot into MB's
with builtin VGA, total waste of space.
The same I ask myself whenever I see one of the barebones.

--
I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know.
		-- Mark Twain

Javier Marcet <javier@marcet.info>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index