[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 08:15:24AM +0200, Guido Fiala wrote:

> You might want to read my experiences with this case too:
>
> http://www.s.netic.de/gfiala/vdrc137.html
>
> If a DVB-t is not larger than a DVBs its possible, for the upper card its even
> some space left. Lower card would probably have to be the DVBs, but wheather
> you use and 2,5 inch drive (expensive) or you do the rebuild like i did...
> after all its at least very silent, more silent even than lots of DVD-Players.

Looks like your case has also a Technotrend Premium card, at least looks
familiar to mine. What card is the one you use as the secondary card?

I have been meaning to buy another card, but that means that I will need
a snap-on power source like:
http://www.mini-box.com/pw-200.htm
or
http://www.mini-box.com/pw-120-M.htm

Or naturally relocate the power source somewhere else like you did, at
least I understood that you placed it under the cd/dvd tray.

Just as a question is that where did you place the SCART connector, or
are connecting your system to a monitor?

--
     Jukka Palko        jpalko@vapaa.fi
     Postmaster         jpalko@ipi.fi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index