[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 11:09:17AM +0300, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Javier Marcet wrote:
>
> >* Jan Ekholm <chakie@infa.abo.fi> [040913 09:03]:

> >>You can get riser cards with two PCI slots for the Epia cards. At least I
> >>have one. Never tested it yet though, but it is made especially for Epias.
> >
> >The same question I made to Palko. Where did you get it?
> >
> >BTW, which EPIA boards are you using? There are a few choices ranging in
> >cpu speed and hence price. Is any of them enough to record various
> >channels and play back all kind of medias (divx et all) ?
> >
> >I'm not concerned about the speed for transcoding.
>
> I have an older Epia 800. I actually got the riser used, so I don't know
> where it originally comes from. But you can get them from at
> least http://www.mini-itx.com/
>
> VIA 2 Slot PCI Riser Card:
> 	http://mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=8#p1902

mini-itx.com is not the cheapest place to buy though, I have found
cheaper locations from UK and Germany. Most American online shops take
outrageous prices for shipping to Europe.

http://www.ultim8pc.co.uk/
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/
http://linitx.com/

Some components I have found cheaply from this German store:
http://www.computeruniverse.net/
Pages are also in english, well partially anyway... Their translations
are a bit interesting sometimes. :)

--
     Jukka Palko        jpalko@vapaa.fi
     Postmaster         jpalko@ipi.fi