[vdr] [OT] low power CPU and matching mainboard

FiëstaOf topic but since it's vdr related..why not.
I've started with a VIA epia M10000 mini iTX fmainboard and that went fine
untill I added
a PCI riser and a second DVB card. The epia M has only one IRQ for both
cards so it's obvious
that the second DVB card (a FF type) is not recognised properly and if it
would, then it could not
use bus mastering if needed.

So i'm looking for a alternative in form of a microATX  mainboard.
But : this seemsto be a problem since these are made for Intel Celeron D,
Pentium IV, XP  or whatever.
CPU's that need too much power compared to the VIA C3 which was fast enough
to do the job.
The boards I did find for socket 370 (so that I can mount a C3 again) have
usual things like dimm, ata66. I would like ata133 or even faster if
possible. DDR would also be nice causde then I don't need to buy new ram.
SDram is more expensive then DDR ram these days.
The epia M10000 had 512MB DDR so don't want to loose this.

Is there a up-to-date socket 370 micro/flex atx mainboard?
Or, perhaps starting from a faster CPU but slowing it down so that it needs
not more then 20W?
Well, any ideas are welcome.

Stefaan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index