[vdr] Re: stop 1.3.X auto update for ONE channel

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have one channel that I cannot tune with the parameters received 'off
> the air'.  I can however tune it with other paremeters.

Which channel is this?
Please provide the channels.conf entry as it comes 'off the air' and the
one that works for you.

Can you (or anybody else) receive this channel with a commercial STB?

> This is probably
> just a driver issue, and I should try to fix it there, but I am running
> the latest 2.4 kernel + dvb kernel code which is quite out of date.

Well, then I'd say try the latest driver version first.

> The problem is vdr 1.3 start up, but as soon as I tune to that channel
> (which works the first time with my 'incorrect' parameters  vdr edits
> the channel definition so subsequent tunings to that channel fail.  To
> get this channel to work again I have to edit the channels.conf file by
> hand.
>
> So, is there a way to tell vdr 'auto update everything, but never touch
> this channel'?

There is no general way to do that (actually the transmitted data is
supposed to work ;-). What you could do is to insert some code that checks
for that particular channel ID and prevents it from being modified.

At any rate we should try to fix the actual problem.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index