[vdr] Re: SVDRP commands that should exist

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Paavo Hartikainen wrote:

>These are commands that are missing from SVDRP.  AFAIK, implementing
>these is possible with existing features of VDR.
>
>PLAY <number> [ position ]
>
>    Play recording <number> as returned by LSTR from position it was
>    left at, unless position is defined as number of seconds from the
>    beginning.  Returns name, total length and position of recording.
>
>STOP
>
>    If recording is being played, stop it.  Returns name, total length
>    and position of recording.
>
>JUMP [ position ]
>
>    If recording was being played, jump to position.  If recording was
>    not being played, change the stored position of last played
>    recording.  Returns name, total length and position of recording.

I'd follow up this wishlist with a GRAB that allows the image to be
transmitted back to the caller, and not just saved on disk. I did such a
thing a year or so ago, but my grabs *always* give a solid gray image
(even when done the normal VDR way), so it wasn't much use. It did a
simple hex encoding of the saved image and sent that back as part of the
response, a bit like LSTT does.

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index