appear, and, more critically, vdr crashes when I press menu button, or
try to change the channel using a number button. With gdb, the backtrace
shows

#0  cSkinSTTNGDisplayMenu (this=0x850ab88) at skinsttng.c:368
#1  0x080d1282 in cSkinSTTNG::DisplayMenu (this=0x849f030) at
    skinsttng.c:899
#2  0x080b35a2 in cOsdMenu (this=0x850ab20,Title=0x0, c0=0, c1=0, c2=0,
    c3=0, c4=0) at skins.h:293
#3  0x080a9c27 in cMenuMain(this=0x850ab20, State=osUnknown, Plugin=0x0)
    at menu.c:2263
#4  0x080df767 in main (argc=139504416, argv=0x0) at vdr.c:637

and the crashed line:

#0  cSkinSTTNGDisplayMenu (this=0x850ab88) at skinsttng.c:368
368	  if (osd->CanHandleAreas(Areas, sizeof(Areas) / sizeof(tArea)) ==
    oeOk)

(gdb) print osd
$1 = (class cOsd *) 0x0

which looks a bit suspicious... It crashes also when text is pushed to
the screen by, for example vdrconvert, if subtitles are in use.

Any idea what the problem might be? Is this a known/reproducable
problem? I've applied the DVBsubs.patch (which had a couple of
resolvable conflicts, hopefully correctly...). Also, i've knifed the
dxr3 plugin as shown in

http://www.google.fi/groups?selm=slrnbu5hru.dh6.mijutu%40sorvankyla.yok.utu.fi

but the behaviour didn't change due to these changes.

I'm not sure if this is related to dxr3, but I had a similar problem
when cutting recordings (that had no subtitles): vdr froze when
scanning to the next mark with '9', and after a while crashed. This
didn't happen when I removed the subtitles plugin. The problem
vanished, however, when I set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.0 , as suggested
elsewhere.

Best Regards,

Timo

--