[vdr] Re: Compiling plugins for vdr 1.3.12

In <1095440549.4076.32.camel@atlantis.netenviron.com>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 17:55 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
>
> > Does anyone use MPlayer as an output device eg with the softdevice
> > plugin?
>
> Softdevice relies of libavcodec from the ffmpeg project for mpeg2
> decoding and display. It includes output drivers for Xv, DirectFB and
> vidix.

How would I make use of these output options? I don't know much beyond
Xv being an X extension, so if I chose the Xv output would that make it
automatically display in X? Would it be full-screen, windowed, or what?
Ideally I'd like to be able to turn the output on and off while vdr is
still running so I can start vdr from init.d and use the X display for
other applications when I'm recording something but not watching it.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index