[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Tvonscreen 0.6.0

Am Montag, 20. September 2004 00:15 schrieb Jürgen Schmitz:
> Bernd Juraschek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >>TVonscreen 0.6.0 is available.
> >
> > thanks for this nice plugin :-)
> >
> >>It supports vdr 1.2.6 adn 1.3.x. Many new features have been added and
> >>bugs have been fixed.
> >
> > I've compiling problems in magazine.c:
> >
> > g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -c
> > -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"tvonscreen"' -D_GNU_SOURCE-I/usr/include/vdr/include
> > -I/usr/include magazine.c magazine.c: In member function `virtual void
> > magazine::Show()':
> > magazine.c:1147: error: array bound forbidden after parenthesized type-id
> > magazine.c:1147: note: try removing the parentheses around the type-id
> > magazine.c:1148: error: array bound forbidden after parenthesized type-id
> > magazine.c:1148: note: try removing the parentheses around the type-id
> > magazine.c:1149: error: array bound forbidden after parenthesized type-id
> > magazine.c:1149: note: try removing the parentheses around the type-id
> > make: *** [magazine.o] Error 1
> >
> > After removing the parentheses the error is gone, but I dont understand
> > that this is a real error. Are there some C++ gurus around knowing the
> > syntactical details of the type definition for new statements?
> >
> > I'm using gcc 3.4.1. Is this the cause for the error message? Is this
> > version more ANSI conform?

gcc 3.4 is more ANSI conform. See

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc-3.4/changes.html

They say "G++ is now much closer to full conformance to the ISO/ANSI C++
standard. This means, among other things, that a lot of invalid constructs
which used to be accepted in previous versions will now be rejected. ".

The problem might be related to:
"When allocating an array with a new expression, GCC used to allow parentheses
around the type name. This is actually ill-formed and it is now rejected:
        int* a = new (int)[10];    // error, not accepted anymore
        int* a = new int[10];      // OK"

Marcel

> Hm, well, maybe. None of my beta testers reported this. Is gcc 3.4.1
> part of any distribution already?
>
> > Greetings,
> > Bernd

Home | Main Index | Thread Index