[vdr] Re: i2c-sensors for dvb, whats possible?

Hi,

On 23.09.2004 00:44, Torsten Kunkel wrote:
after switchting to kernel 2.6.* I noticed there are dvb-i2c-drivers:
torsten@b5:~ > sensors
dvbfe_tda1004x-i2c-3-08
Adapter: TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI

dvbfe_stv0299-i2c-2-34
Adapter: Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev2.1 or 2.2

Does anyone know whats possible with these drivers?
Maybe there are readouts for temperature or something like this? I know it's not really realistig, but no asking, no questions :)
There are no sensors on the dvb i2c bus, but only the demodulator, pll or some other helper chipsets like msp3400 on the DVB-C cards.

The i2c bus was not visible before, because it was hidden by the proprietary dvb i2c implementation. We have recently switched to kernel i2c, so the i2c bus is now visible in the system wide i2c directory.

    Torsten
CU
Michael.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index