[vdr] Re: Speed of VDR 1.3.12 recording menu

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:24:11 +0300, Lauri Tischler <lwgt@iki.fi> wrote:

> Emil Naepflein wrote:
>
> > The speed of the update of the recordings menu is still very slow in
> > some cases so that the response time of VDR is very large. Please notice
> > that I have more than 500! recordings on the server and the client has
> > access to this by NFS over 54 Mb WLAN.
>
> Mmmmm... 54 Mb WLAN
> What hardware you have, Pci-card, usb-wlan, ethernet-wlan adapter ?

I use a Netgear WG3111T pci card:
http://www.netgear.de/Produkte/Wireless/802_11g/WG311T/index.html

It works with a 54 Mb link speed even the antenna is fully within my
Multitainer.

> I have tryed EdiMax 54mb usb-wlan, no luck.
> I now have normal ethernet in pci-slot, I need to release the slot.
> As the MB has no ethernet my options are
> - usb-wlan
> - usb-ethernet + wlan-adapter

Is this a USB2.0 slot?

If yes, then there may be a chance. But I don't know whether this is
supported by a linux driver. I bought the Netgear card because there is
a Athereos chip used.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index