[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-mhp-0.2

Am Freitag, 24. September 2004 22:22 schrieb Jouni Karvo:
> Jouni Karvo writes:
>  > The applications just somehow hang the system.  No video is seen on
>  > screen (nor audio), but the subtitles from the dvb-subtitles continue to
>  > show as if the program would progress normally.

I know, I am currently working on the plugin and have already fixed several
issues. I still have some work to do, but I expect the next version to be
released during the next two weeks.

> Oh, and for what it is worth, vdr-xine is used for output.

vdr-xine will work, but (when the MHP plugin is more mature) you won't have
all the possibilities offered by your setup:

Currently, the output in encoded to MPEG-1 and then played via a standard VDR
player. While for FF-card and DXR3 systems this is the only way to go, for
all systems doing software MPEG-2 decoding this is grossly inefficient and
wasteful of resources (but it still works!).

For these systems, one would have to build a direct bridge to the output
system (xine in your case) to avoid unnecessary encoding-decoding.
This holds for all flavors of Xine-output and softdevice.
Unfortunately, I cannot run these systems on my VDR machine, therefore I
cannot test such direct access, therefore I cannot write it.

If anyone is interested to help, I will offer any support necessary.

Marcel

> yours,
>   Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index