[vdr] Green screen problem with vdr-dxr3 and vdr-streamdev

Hi,

I am trying to set up a small VDR box as a pure DXR3 client using the
streamdev plugin. All I get is green or grey screens, though.

The box is a EPIA-5000 board, and the DXR3 is a Sigma Designs H+ rev2
board. I'm using the em8300-0.14 driver on SuSE Linux 9.0. MPlayer 1.0pre4
works just fine, and I get a nice TV picture on the S-Video port. So far,
so good.

VDR is VDR version 1.2.6 (ElchiAIO4d), vdr-dxr3 is 0.2.2, and streamdev is
0.3.1.

What happens is if I start VDR, the screen turns green (or grey, depending
on the em8300 and adv717x module parms), flickers a couple of times, and
then I can actually see some remainders of the OSD, either light green on
green, or light grey on grey. No TV image can be seen.

I seem to remember the Elchi patch doesn't work with either the dxr3 or the
streamdev module. Can somebody deny or confirm this?

The hardware appears to be okay -- a) MPlayer works, and b) the same
happens with a second H+ card I have.

What else can be wrong?

While we're at it - does somebody use streamdev/dxr3 over 11 mbit WLAN? Or
should I go for 54 to be on the safe side?

--
I'll grant thee random access to my heart,
Thoul't tell me all the constants of thy love;

Home | Main Index | Thread Index