[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.12 buffer optimizations

hello,

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > I have uploaded an improved patch against VDR version 1.3.12 to
 >
 >   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.3.12-optbuf2.diff

I have now been using this for a couple of days.  Now the experiences:

- channel switching seems worse (takes more time) than earlier
  (optbuf1 included, I think)

- an old problem that was there in the early 1.3.X versions has
  returned.  Problem description:

  + setup: 2 budget TTPCI + ves1820, vdr-xine

  + situation:  a timed recording is going on, watching for something
		else.

  + symptoms:  at some point, VDR hangs for the normal 1 min, then
	       restarts.  After restart, VDR is up about 10-15 secs,
	       then restarts again (and again, and again...).  To get
	       out of this restarting cycle, all that is needed is to
	       stop the ongoing recording.  In this stage, driver
	       unloading and reloading has resulted in malfunctioning
	       drivers, and a reboot fixes everything.

   This happened with some earlier versions of VDR about once a day,
   but was fixed at some point in VDR.  Now it has done it once (been
   using the patch for two days).

I have no specific debugging info available.  If you need some, please
tell me what and I'll give it next time this happens.

yours,
		Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index